This will depend.
– If your event is near the city of Charlottesville, we would prefer to setup and pickup the system. The option for us to drop off earlier with you is available and all depends on timelines for everything.
– If your event is outside of Charlottesville area, most likely the phone will be mailed to you within the week of your wedding. See the question regarding mailing for more details. We cover the cost of shipping, and provide you a return label.
If you’d like one of our Audio Guestbook phones for your event, send us an inquiry and we’ll let you know date and phone availability. If everything looks good, we’ll send you a contract and invoice.
– The contract will reserve your date and phone selection.
– The invoice is due either (a) before the phone is mailed, or (b) 10 days prior to the day of the event if we’re setting it up. We’ll finalize this later, but we do want you to have access to the invoice so you can pay it any time prior to the due date.
– Within a few months of your event, we’ll touch base again to email a Guidelines PDF to give you some pointers for setting up the phone and general information.
A 2ft by 2ft space is perfect.
The area near a welcome table, card box/gift table, or the cookie table. Somewhere that guests will stop at and notice it.
Not at all! The messages are stored in the phone and retrieved by us after the event.
– the phone
-instructions for setup at your event
-a how-to sign that tells guests how to use the phone,
-power cable, + two fully charged backup battery packs
Please keep all mailing material as this is what you’ll use to mail the box back to us.
Included with this will be a return mailing label.
If the phone is mailed, almost anyone can set it up. You are fully responsible for the phone and all the contents mailed, so you’ll want to either do this yourself, or provide full setup details to your planner, or delegate this to responsible person in the wedding party or family member.
Have people at your wedding advocate for it! Assign a couple people in your wedding party to encourage guests to use it, and ask those in your wedding party to use it so guests can see how its done.
Ask your DJ or band emcee to make a few announcements throughout the evening to encourage guests to leave you a message and that this is a guest book.
Have the phone displayed in a high traffic area – some ideas being by the escort cards, card box/gift table, or even near the cookie table.
The amount of recordings aren’t guaranteed, and can vary between all weddings since every group of people is different. Make sure your wedding party and DJ encourage guests to leave messages throughout the evening.
You will get all of the voicemails. The only time we may remove something is if a message isn’t left and it’s just background noise, or if there is any hate speech (which we don’t think we’ll encounter).
In most cases you will receive a speaker available at the end of your event to start enjoying your messages instantly.
If speaker is not desired you will receive your messages within 48 hours of us getting the phone back to our office.
In addition to the files, you’ll receive a private link to listen to the messages online or share the link with friends/family that may want to hear the messages, too.